Penrose Organizational and Professional Leadership Experience (PeOPLE)
Enhancing, encouraging and promoting transformational leadership across Colorado
Join the Center for Creative Leadership’s (CCL) world-class facilitators and coaches on a leadership development journey by participating in El Pomar’s Penrose Organizational and Professional Leadership Experience (formerly Nonprofit Executive Leadership Program). This customized four-day leadership workshop held at CCL’s Colorado Springs campus develops exceptional leaders to effectively manage and lead in any sector. You will learn how to tap into your leadership potential to produce better organizational results, build and sustain healthy professional relationships and grow your leadership impact.
Through a variety of customized activities, peer connections and facilitation methods, this developmental experience accelerates your learning so you can lead with greater effectiveness in your organization.
This program is for individuals who are leading public, private and nonprofit Colorado-based organizations that serve the people of Colorado. Each year the program will focus on leaders from a specific sector or industry to maximize learning conversations and networking opportunities between participants from all regions of the state. To date, over 350 leaders have taken advantage of this customized program.
Looking to apply? Find the 2023 application at the bottom of this page.
Through various personality and 360-degree assessments, experiential learning activities and individualized executive coaching, participants will be better able to:
- Leverage self-awareness through a deeper understanding of your personality preferences and leadership style
- Move from reliance on your own insights to catalyzing the insight of others in confidential, one-on-one coaching conversations with accredited professionals
- Gain deeper skills in giving and receiving feedback to colleagues, direct reports and other stakeholders
- Incorporate resilience practices to promote well-being
- Build and leverage relationships with a broader network of learning partners
- Identify individual and organizational development goals and strategies
2023 Sector Focus
In 2023, the goal of the program is to provide El Pomar's Fellowship Alumni in Colorado the necessary tools to expand their leadership capacity. Check back in the spring of 2024 when we announce the sector focus for the 2024 program.
- 2024 – Sector will be announced by December 2023 and applications will open in spring of 2024
- If you're interested in receiving updates about future sessions, please complete our interest form
2023 Application Criteria
- Applicant is an alumni of El Pomar’s Fellowship
- Applicant has at least five years of leadership experience leading people and/or projects
- Demonstrates commitment to learning and self-development including a willingness to coach and be coached
Priority may be given to applicants who have not yet participated in extensive leadership training courses or programs.
- This customized leadership development program is offered at a significantly reduced tuition of $500
- Participants must cover program fee plus travel, lodging and some meals
- The application opens on March 13
- Applications are due no later than May 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants will be selected by June 16
- Program fee is due to El Pomar by June 30
- Program takes place in August 2023
What Alumni Are Saying
“The tools were incredibly valuable, the facilitators were knowledgeable, and the peers were warm and engaging. I had so many tangible skills I learned and am excited to incorporate.”
“I often attend trainings and workshops with a goal of increasing my knowledge and skill set and I usually end up disappointed with the training and learning. This training met me where I was at and gave me many valuable tools, info, and resources.”
“This program pushes you, which isn't always enjoyable in the traditional sense, but I felt so supported through the process that I did enjoy it without question.”
Have questions? Please reach out to Ashley Bryant at email@example.com or at 719-577-7030