Plan a Meeting at Penrose House
Penrose House Conference Center, the previous residence of El Pomar Foundation’s founders, Spencer and Julie Penrose, now serves as an education and conference center available to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and government equivalents. Penrose House is available for meetings, trainings, strategic planning sessions, and similar meetings of a productive, not social or celebratory, nature.
Click here for a complete copy of the Penrose House Guidelines.
Please follow the steps below to plan your meeting.
Step 1: Eligibility
- Must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or government equivalent
- Qualified event requests are: meetings, trainings, strategic planning sessions, and retreats
- Meetings must be a minimum of four hours in length
- Private social events, holiday parties, and fundraisers are not permitted
Step 2: Date(s) & Time
Hours of operation are: Tuesday - Friday, 9am-4pm and one Saturday a month, 9am-1pm.
Closed on Sundays, Mondays, and all national holidays.
Please call 719-577-7000 to inquire about specific dates.
Step 3: Meeting Space & Room Configuration
- Meeting space will be based on number of attendees
- Determine if breakout space will be needed
- Click here to view room capacity and configurations
Please note capacity numbers do not reflect COVID 19 social distancing.
Step 4: Amenities
Penrose House happily provides a variety of equipment at no cost. Our standard setup includes:
- Notepads and pens
- Power strip
- Projection Capability: screen, projection, audio, connection cables (HDMI & 15PIN VGA)
- Beverage service: water, hot tea, coffee, and soda
Step 5: Beverage & Catering Needs
Penrose House is pleased to provide a limited complimentary beverage service.*
This service includes:
- Ice water
- Hot tea
- Coffee (regular is standard, decaf on request.)
- Individual cans of soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and La Croix)
Penrose House will provide paper products and condiments for the beverage service.
*quantity is determined by the number of attendees
- Catering that requires onsite warming and setup must be arranged through one of our authorized caterers
- You may also use a third party delivery service such as Door Dash or Grub Hub
- Organizations may bring snack items as long as:
- They are store-bought (nothing homemade)
- They do not require heating or refrigeration
- Organization brings any/all plates and utensils required for snack items
Step 6: Submit a Reservation Request
To submit a reservation request, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of organization (with EIN and tax exempt number for first-time 501(c)3 organizations)
- Name and contact information for point-of-contact
- Date(s) and times requested
- Start and end times requested
- Note: Penrose House meeting spaces are available Tuesday 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Wednesday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and Saturday once a month 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Description of meeting purpose
- Number of attendees and desired room set up
- Any additional information that would help us understand how to best serve your meeting needs
Upon receipt, Penrose House staff will contact you within two business days letting you know the status of your reservation request.
If approved, the Penrose House reservations coordinator will work with you regarding setup needs to include audio/visual, food and beverage.
To check availability or for any other reservation requests, please call 719-577-7000.