Plan a Meeting at Penrose House
Penrose House, located at 1661 Mesa Avenue, is the former home of El Pomar founders Spencer and Julie Penrose. The House now serves as an education and conference center available exclusively for the nonprofit community to gather, discuss issues, and discover innovative solutions to challenges.
The steps below will guide you through planning your organizations meeting.
Step 1: Determine Eligibility
- Must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or government agency
- Appropriate types of events at Penrose House are: meetings, trainings, strategic planning sessions, retreats, not fundraisers
- Meetings must be a minimum of four hours in length
- Private social events and fundraisers are not permitted
Step 2: Determine Desired Date(s) & Time
Closed on Sundays, Mondays, and all national holidays. Reservations must be made at least one week in advance and can be made up to six months prior to desired meeting date.
Meeting space is available during the following days/times:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
8am - 9pm
8am - 5pm
9am - 3pm
* Penrose House is open two Saturdays a month. Please call 719-577-7000 to inquire about specific open Saturdays.
Step 3: Determine Ideal Meeting Space & Room Configuration
- Meeting space will be based on number of attendees
- Determine if breakout space will be needed
- Click here to view room capacity and configurations
Step 4: Determine Meeting Amenities
Penrose House provides basic meeting amenities, to include WiFi, notepads, pens, projection capability, water, and tea. In addition, upon request, the following amenities are available:
- DVD player
- White boards with markers
- Conference phone
- Power strips
Step 5: Determine Beverage & Catering Needs
Penrose House is pleased to provided a limited complimentary beverage service.* This service includes:
- Ice water
- Hot tea
- Coffee (Regular is standard. Decaf on request.)
- Individual cans of soda (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and La Croix)
Penrose House will provide paper products and condiements for the beverage service.
* Quantity is determined by the number of attendeees
- Catering must be arranged via one of our authorized caterers
- Organizations may bring snack items as long as:
- They are store-bought (nothing homemade)
- They do not require heating or refrigeration
- Organization brings any/all plates and utensils required for snack items
Step 6: Submit a Reservation Request
Information needed to make a reservation request:
- Name of Organization (with EIN and Tax Exempt # for first-time 501(c)(3) organizations)
- Name of Point-of-Contact and their contact information
- Date(s) and Times requested
- Number of Attendees and desired room set up
Upon receipt, we will contact you within two business days letting you know the status of your reservation request.
If approved, the Penrose House reservations coordinator will work with you on your setup needs to include audio/visual, food and beverage.
For questions, or assistance, please call 719-577-7000