Today, as most Americans gather to give thanks to family, friends, country, and heath, we at El Pomar Foundation would like to honor those we are thankful for: the dedicated organizations, leaders, donors, and volunteers who work to make Colorado a better place, day in and day out. From our family to yours, thank you.
Are you looking to give thanks in a new way this Thanksgiving? Here are a number of ways you can help out right here in Colorado:
1) Empty Stocking Fund – The 29th annual Empty Stocking Fund kicks off today. A partnership between the Colorado Springs Gazette and El Pomar Foundation, The Gazette-El Pomar Foundation Empty Stocking Fund provides resources for 15 local health and human service agencies in the Pikes Peak region. Click here to learn more and donate online!
2) Indy Give! – The annual Give! Campaign works to engage young donors with local nonprofits in the Colorado Springs community. Click here to learn more about the campaign and to donate online.
3) National Giving Day – National Giving Day may be next Tuesday, but it is never too early to start! Click here to learn more.
4) Colorado Gives Day – An effort to increase philanthropy through online Giving, Colorado Gives Day takes place on Tuesday, December 4. This year, El Pomar is getting involved. In honor of their 75th anniversaries, El Pomar and Boettcher Foundation have come together to give a $150,000 grant to Community First Foundation to expand Colorado Gives Day throughout the state.
5) Volunteer! – Local nonprofits always need your help. One great place to start is volunteermatch.org where you can find hundreds of volunteer opportunities across Colorado.