Kittle and Olson emphasized several leadership characteristics you won’t find in a textbook:
- Shine by letting others shine. Enthusiasm is contagious, and if you can inject your passion into other people’s ideas and enable them to act, the impact on a community can be enormous.
- Lose the fear of failure. You may recognize the failures you may encounter, but choose to focus instead on succeeding.
- Be passionate or go home. Change doesn’t happen by being unsure or partially committed. Passion drives improvement and transformation.
- It’s the doing that matters. If you’re not having fun you’re doing it wrong.
- Take Risks. Make Decisions. Act. Plans sit on shelves and talking about it doesn’t make dreams a reality.