Required Application Materials
To submit an application through El Pomar Foundation’s online application and reporting system, you will need the following information:
1. Name and address of tax exempt organization and contact information for the CEO/Executive Director
2. A brief history of the organization, its mission, principal programs, and accomplishments.
3. Concise statements describing the following:
- Purpose of the request
- Amount requested
- Need for the project
- Specific solutions to be reached
- Expected contributions to the population served
- Criteria for measuring the success of the project
4. Applicants should be prepared to attach the following:
- Organization's THREE MOST RECENT YEARS of audited financial statements. Please note that El Pomar Foundation will NOT accept 990’s as financial statements. If audited financial statements are not available, provide a profit and loss statement and balance sheet for each of the past three years.
- An organization budget for the current year.
- A list of governing body members, such as board of directors.
- Statement of grant request approval by the applicant's governing body.
- A statement of whether aid has been sought during the preceding three years from other foundations for support of your nonprofit organization overall and, if so, the names of the foundations, year received, and the amount, if any, received from each.
- Endorsement of outside authorities, and copies of regulatory agency approvals, if appropriate.
- Up to three pictures (photographs, architectural renderings, images from an existing publication, etc.) that portray the specific project or general operations of the organization.
For Program and Capital Requests, please also be prepared with:
- Documented budget of the project for the proposed term of the grant. Please include the amount committed and raised including any pledged and potential sources of funding.
- If the request is for a program, indicate how the organization plans to fund the program once El Pomar Foundation funding ceases.
- If the request is for a capital project, indicate how the organization plans to fund the remaining costs associated with the project.