Frequently Asked Questions
As of November 1, 2016 all grant applications and reports will be submitted through the new system. Any in-progress applications or reports should be submitted no later than October 31. If you do not submit your application by that date your application and all attachments will be deleted.
1. Can I use the same login information?
All applicants will have to register as new users in FoundationConnect. Part of the registration process includes setting up a username and password.
To register in the new grant application and reporting system, please do the following:
- Click here. You will see a page titled "foundationConnect."
- Choose “New User?” at the bottom of the page
- Fill out both pages of the form. Make sure you have your organization’s EIN available.
- You will receive an email titled “El Pomar Foundation Grantee Portal Verification.”
- Click on the link in the email to verify your email address.
2. Are the application questions or required attachments changing?
No, the application questions and required attachments will stay the same.
3. How do I start an application for the Ackerman Fund or Hambrick Fund?
To begin a new Competitive application or a new Ackerman Fund or Hambrick Fund application you must first register as a user in the new system. Once you have an account you can access the application forms through the "Apply for a Grant" tab in your account.
4. Will I have access to my previous applications and reports?
Unfortunately, you will no longer be able to to access your old account or any of the applications or reports stored there. However, any applications or reports you submit through the new system will be saved and easily accessible in the future.
5. Does this change mean you will now have deadlines?
No, we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis.
6. I created an account but don't see my Final Report. What should I do?
Please wait one business day for any reports to become available in your new online portal. If it has been more than one business day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.