Forum for Civic Advancement
News and Updates
Click here if you wish to receive invitations to Forum events.
ABout the Forum
Founded in 2002, the Forum for Civic Advancement seeks and supports individuals interested in contributing to the civic health of the Pikes Peak Region. It operates lectures, panels, and seminars in which public-minded citizens can meet other current and aspiring political and civic leaders, and engage cutting-edge political ideas from around the country.
Lectures and Panels. Throughout the year, the Forum brings in outstanding speakers from across the country to provide insights on public policy issues affecting Colorado. Most events are held in the Penrose House Pavilion, which provides a neutral ground on which to debate some of the most challenging issues of our day.
October 16, 2014 at 5:30pm: Storm Water Panel - If you are interested in attending contact Samantha Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 577-7033. Location: Penrose House Pavilion.
October 21, 2014 at 5:30pm: Colorado State Attorney General candidate debate - If you are interested in attending contact Jordan Miranda at email@example.com or call 577-7071.
Location: Penrose House Pavilion
- Kyle Hybl, Senior Vice President
- Matt Weigel, Program Associate
- Jordan Miranda, Program Associate
- Samantha Barlow, Program Associate
Past Forum Speakers
The insightful and influential political figures who have generously contributed their time and expertise to Forum lectures and seminars have included:
- Daniel Kemmis, Former Mayor of Missoula
- Joseph Postell, The Heritage Foundation
- William Schambra, The Hudson Institute
- Chuck Fowler, Founder of the City Committee
- Christopher Gates, Executive Director of Philanthropy for Active Civic Engagement
- Former Senator Gary Hart
- Presidential Scholar Dr. Tom Cronin
- Senator John Andrews
- Dick Celeste, Former Ambassador to India and Governor of Ohio
- Colorado Springs Mayor Mary Lou Makepeace
- Colorado Governor Dick Lamm
- Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell
- State Senator Steve Durham
- State Senator Mike Johnston
- Jon Caldara, President, Independence Institute
- Don Knight, Colorado Springs City Council
- Val Snider, Colorado Springs City Council
- Sean Paige, Former Colorado Springs City Council member