Wildland Fire Fund
El Pomar Foundation’s Wildland Fire Fund
Accepting proposals for funding
If your fire department or protection district is involved in a wildland fire, and is in need of emergency funding for personal protection equipment, please submit a one-page proposal outlining the following:
- Type and quantity of personal protection equipment needed
- Dollar amount requested
- Outline of costs for and associated with acquiring the equipment
- Detailed timeline for the proposal including plan for securing the personal protection equipment
- Contact information for:
- The fire department or protection district
- Point person for the proposal
- Commanding leader of the fire department or protection district
Please send all proposals to Justin Coughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please call the Wildland Fire Fund phone number at 719-323-5810.
About the Fund
El Pomar's Wildland Fire Fund was created in rapid response to Colorado's devastating wildfire season of 2002. El Pomar led an effort, in real time, to supply front line volunteer Colorado fire agencies with personal fire fighting equipment, radios, hoses, pumps, etc. By year-end, El Pomar had contributed $1.7 million and raised an additional $300,000 through a community fund raising campaign.In 2003 and 2004, El Pomar continued to provide direct funding to volunteer fire agencies for firefighting vehicles and training. In 2005, El Pomar assisted with large capital purchases, such as brush trucks and fire-fighting vehicle accessories. Since the Fund's inception, nearly $2.7 million has been granted to more than 170 volunteer fire organizations.